UWCSEA is seeking an experienced international educator to take up the position of East Campus High School Principal following the promotion of the incumbent founding High School Principal to Head of East Campus. The High School Principal is the pedagogical and organisational leader of the East Campus High School. The High School Principal, working with the members of the High School Leadership Team, is responsible to the Head of UWCSEA East for the learning programme within the High School.
The UWCSEA East High School has around 1,000 students enrolled in Grades 9-12, who join based on one three entry pathways: Grade 9 for two-year IGCSE-based course, Grade 10 for the College's own Foundation IB programme, and in Grade 11 for the two-year UWCSEA High School and IB Diploma programmes.
The High School Principal also works as a member of the East Campus Leadership Team and the wider College Learning Leadership Team to ensure unity of purpose within the campus and the College as a whole.
The successful candidate would ideally be available to start in January 2021.
The full position description is available here:
- the education and welfare of the students and teachers in the High School
- the ethos of the High School which should be aligned to the College values and guiding statements and consistent with the defined philosophy and ethos of the UWC movement.
- implementing the College and Campus Strategic Plan in alignment with the other school sections
- proactively maintaining a highly positive relationship between parents of the school
- leading the Learning Programme across the High School
- effectively running the operational aspects of the High School
- ensuring relevant budgets are planned and managed in accordance with the ethos and fiscal parameters of the College
- recruiting high quality teachers and administrators to the High School
- leading on professional development for the High School
- Acting as a role model for students and teachers.
- Developing an environment in which students are challenged and a sense of purpose and enthusiasm for learning and student leadership underpins all that students do.
- Supporting the Head of Campus in articulating and sustaining UWCSEA’s educational aims, ensuring that the High School is providing an exceptional experience for the students and that the balance between the elements of the UWCSEA Learning Programme is supported and maintained.
- Maintaining the High School’s reputation for excellence, and cherishing its special culture while, at the same time, ensuring that it continues to grow and evolve as a dynamic learning environment.
- Encouraging innovation amongst the teachers and students in the High School and fostering a spirit of cooperation between the two campuses.
- Inspiring teachers to continue to develop their own skills through inspiring professional development, in order to share responsibility and accountability for maintaining high standards throughout the High School.
- Working with the Head of Campus and other members of the East Campus Leadership Team in the development and implementation of the Campus Strategic Development Plan, the achievement of the strategic goals, and reporting to the Head of Campus on operations.
- Liaising closely with the High School Leadership Team on Dover Campus and aligning practices within the principles of the ‘one College, two campuses’ approach
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal by Monday, 10 August 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
A Day in the East Campus High School
Explore the East Campus