UWC South East Asia is a member of the UWC movement. We are a mission-driven organisation with a strong commitment to the educational principles of Kurt Hahn, our founder, and a passionate belief in the importance of education as a force for good in the world.
The UWC movement makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
UWCSEA educational goal
The UWCSEA goal is to educate individuals to embrace challenge and take responsibility for shaping a better world.
UWCSEA will be a leader in international education. We will have a worldwide reputation for providing a challenging, holistic, values-based education with an emphasis upon academic achievement, service to others, environmental stewardship, teamwork and leadership.
The UWCSEA community expects members to:
• be honest and act with integrity
• avoid prejudice by developing views based on evidence, reasoning and understanding
• be compassionate and morally responsible
• embrace challenge in order to maximise their potential
• help other people
• take an interest in and enjoy friendship with people of all cultures and backgrounds
• minimise their harmful impact on the environment
Students, parents, staff, Board members and alumni are all considered to be part of the UWCSEA community.
UWCSEA definition of internationalism
In our context, we understand the pursuit of internationalism to mean the pursuit of the guiding statements above. In practice, we implement our approach to internationalism via our holistic Learning Programme and through developing the skills and qualities of the UWCSEA profile in our community members.